Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Leaving Earth's Gravity

When I consider that these words and pictures are going out into space, far beyond our solar system (eventually), then maybe they should be *REALLY IMPORTANT* words.
Well, they aren't.
However, once in a while, the thoughts will escape Earth's gravity and go whirling around ideas like the Big Bang, Dark Holes, spaghettification, portals, the Anthropic Principle, and other things that I am thinking about.

For today, I'm thinking about the connection between Persepolis and the Nuclear Pact.  I opened up an Economist issue from July18-24, 2015 and here are the first words:
"Iran and the five permanent members of the UN Security Council and Germany reached a deal to lift sanctions in exchange for Iran accepting limitations on its enriching of uranium and allowing inspections of nuclear and military sites.  Some hailed the deal as a historic one that will bring Iran in from the cold and strengthen the hand of reformers within the country.  Others called it a historic mistake that will pave the way for Iran to develop nuclear weapons" (5).

We just read in Persepolis about how the demonstrators thought that they were bringing about a new democracy in Iran -- and it turned out that instead the religious leaders took control of almost everything about daily life.  So what people THOUGHT would be the outcome turned out exactly the opposite of the case.
 I wonder if that will happen with the Nuclear Pact????


No comments:

Post a Comment